Gout is a kind of arthritis. It can cause an attack of sudden burning pain, stiffness, and swelling in a joint, usually a big toe. Over time, they can harm your joints, tendons, and other tissues. Gout is most common in men. Gout is caused by too much uric acid in the blood. When uric acid levels in the blood are too high, the uric acid may form hard crystals in your joints.
Your chances of getting gout are higher if you are overweight, drink too much alcohol, or eat too much meat and fish that are high in chemicals called purines. Some medicines, such as water pills (diuretics), can also cause gout.
The most common sign of gout is a nighttime attack of swelling, tenderness, redness, and sharp pain in your big toe . You may also have gout attacks in your foot, ankle, or knees. The attacks can last a few days or many weeks before the pain goes away. Gout affects men much more than it does women. In fact, gout occurs about nine times as often in men, often occurring between the ages of 40 and 50.
Intact Digest™ with Nutri-Mastic™ is a propriety blend of Mastic Gum and a liquid trace mineral complex and has a multitude of benefits. Studies also document its anti-oxidant, immune support and anti-inflammatory properties.* Mastic Gum alone will not achieve the same results without the enhanced delivery and absorption ability of Intact Digest™ into the cellular system. The propriety blend of Mastic Gum and a liquid trace mineral complex in Nutri-Mastic™ provides a turbo-charge effect of the Mastic Gum and its other ingredients. >> Read more about Nutri-Mastic™
Although heredity can be a factor in the occurrence of gout, there are other causes that can lead to an increase of uric acid in the blood. They include:
- Being overweight, excessive alcohol consumption, and irregular kidney function all increase the risk of getting gout.
- Certain drugs are known to cause uric levels to rise including insulin, some antibiotics, cyclosporine, low dose aspirin, and others
- Injury to a joint
- High blood pressure
- Low thyroid hormone levels, known as hypothyroidism
- Consumption of foods with high levels of purines. Foods known to increase uric acid include shellfish, organ meat (liver, kidney), red meat, alcohol, dried peas, creamy sauces and anchovies
When you add Intact Digest™ as part of your daily diet for maintaining health and wellness, it will play an important role in the function of the liver and kidneys while boosting red blood cells, increasing the absorption rate of amino acids, enzymes and iron, and mobilizing calcium, and supporting the digestive and immune systems.
The disorder itself may not be preventable, but you may be able to avoid or make lifestyle changes that could trigger your symptoms.
- Drinking a lot of water, six or more glasses a day, will help the body to excrete more uric acid
- Maintaining a proper weight and getting regular exercise reduces the risk and severity of gout attacks
- Foods known to decrease the occurrence of gout include: dairy, foods high in potassium, black cherry juice, blueberries and lemon juice
- Immediate treatment of gout can prevent it from worsening
Treatments of gout can vary depending upon your overall health, age and medical history. The first step in treatment is to reduce the risk factors mentioned in our lifestyle changes section. Most traditional gout medications have severe side effects, and as a result, many people prefer to use natural products for gout. For example, the side effects of Prednisone include: thinning of bones, an increase in joint pain, lessoning of ability to fight infections, irregular heartbeat, nausea and vomiting. Natural products for gout have no known side effects and are safe to use long term. As an added benefit, most natural products contain ingredients that will help to support the bodies overall health. For these reasons, many medical professionals believe that natural products for gout are your best alternative.
Good Health Begins with Good Digestion. Intact Digest™ containing Nutri-Mastic™ should be part of your daily diet. The key to Good Health is to ensure that the body always receives an adequate and balanced supply of anti-oxidants and all mineral (elements) that will be of potential benefit to maintaining or restoring your personal health and wellness. Although the body manufactures some vitamins, it cannot manufacture a single mineral. All tissue contains minerals which are vital to our "Health and Wellness". Without these vital nutrients, it would be impossible for the body to function.
Intact Nutrition™ Products with Nutri-Mastic™ taken daily gives you the right amounts of essential nutrients to support a healthy digestive system in a proprietary researched formula. >> See History of Mastic
- Shake well
- For occasional constipation and occasional heartburn, supports dairy digestion:*
Adults: 3/4 teaspoon
Children 7-14 years: 7-10 drops
Children 3-7 years: 3-4 drops
- For proper mineral balance & overall health:*
Adults 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
Children 3-14 years: 3-4 drops
- Take once daily in the evening. If needed, take twice, afternoon and evening.
- Add recommended amount to 2 oz. of any beverage to mask the natural taste of the minerals.
Not intended to treat chronic symptoms or disease.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.